Room and toilet is dirty, smell bad, in a word, bad-managed
- Glasgow Backpackers
- 56 Berkeley street Charing Cross Glasgow G3 7DS Scotland
- Group Name :
- Independent Hostel
- Type :
- Size :
- Forward this page to a friend
Housed in a Georgian style terrace in a quiet street, Glasgow Backpackers provides hostel accommodation within easy reach of Glasgow’s many tourist attractions. There are loads of amenities for you to take advantage of, including a safe, tours desk, bike storage and rental, laundry facilities and even work assistance. You can hang out with fellow guests in the TV lounge, BBQ courtyard terrace or sauna/hot-tub suite! There’s also a large well-equipped kitchen and free tea making facilities.
Glasgow Backpackers provides you with a relaxed and affordable environment for your next trip to Scotland. The friendly staff can provide you with meal discount vouchers, deals and offers to help you save even more money. You can book a single bed in a four-, six- or eight-bedded dorm room, or you can book a private quad room for you and three friends. All rooms offer access to shared bathroom facilities. You can use the WiFi internet access or pay-phone to keep in touch with those back home.
24 Hour Reception / Airport Transfers / Babysitting / Cot / Desk & Lamp / Direct Modem Link / Family Friendly / Fax Machine / Fire Escape / Fridge / Gardens / Ground Floor Access / Hearing Impaired Services / Hotel Safe / Internet Terminals in Rooms / Laundry / Pay-Phones / Security Chain / Self-Catering Kitchen / Shared bathroom / Shared Kitchen / Sitting Area / Smoke Detectors / Tea & Coffee / Television Lounge / Tour Desk / Tourist Information / Wireless Internet Access
Glasgow Backpackers is situated in the West End of Glasgow, a vibrant area with loads of shops, restaurants, bars and clubs to suit many tastes and budgets. For shopping you should walk to Sauchiehall Street (where you can have a cup of tea in Willow Tea Rooms designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh) or the lanes off Byres Road. World-renowned tourist attractions within easy walking distance of this hostel include the Mitchell Library, Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow University and the Hunterian Museum.
Check in from: 2 pm
Check out by: 12 pm
- By Train:
- To get to Glasgow Backpackers catch a train to Queens Street Station or Glasgow Central and then catch a bus (see below).
- By Car:
- Travel on the M8 towards Glasgow and exit at Junction 18. Merge onto the A804 signposted Charing Cross and Kelvingrove. Keep going and then turn right into Bath Street. This will lead you directly onto Berkeley Street where Glasgow Backpackers is located.
- By Bus:
- You will need to take a bus from either of these train stations to get to Glasgow Backpackers. Just find a bus that will take you to Sauchiehall Street / Charing Cross.
- On Foot:
- Once you get off the bus look for a big green dome. This is the dome of the Mitchell Library. Take the road down the right hand side of this building. This is Berkeley Street where Glasgow Backpackers is located.
Glasgow Backpackers Reviews
Thanks for such a wonderful stay at Glasgow Backpackers! Staff was very helpful and the stay was very pleasent. Will recommend it to others.
Didn't like the place, wasn't clean
I thought it was way beyond the standard I expected. The bathrooms were dirty. The staff were drunk. The place stunk of cigarettes
Nice staff, well located. The furniture and carpets seemed a little old but were clean