Very friendly, comfortable hotel.
- Orwell Hotel
- 29 Polwarth Terrace Morningside Edinburgh EH11 1NH Scotland
- Group Name :
- Festival Inns
- Type :
- 3 Star Hotel
- Size :
- Forward this page to a friend
Orwell Lodge Hotel is a pleasant hotel, situated in a former Victorian townhouse. The hotel was recently refurbished to provide comfortable accommodation with a traditional feel. Orwell Lodge Hotel offers friendly service and attached to the hotel there is a bar and a small restaurant where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. Orwell Lodge Hotel is a short distance from Edinburgh city centre, where you can visit the wealth of shops and sights.
Orwell Lodge Hotel offers a traditional Scottish breakfast, which is a perfect way to start the day. The hotel has ten well-decorated rooms, which all come with a private bathroom, tea and coffee tray, colour television and hairdryer. This hotel is ideal for small groups or individuals on a budget, as it is friendly and close to all the local attractions. Orwell Lodge Hotel is situated in a peaceful, residential part of Edinburgh, which offers a calm alternative to the lively city centre.
Bar / Central Heating / Coffee/Tea Maker / Colour Television / Direct Dial Phone / Fax Machine / Hairdryer / Parking / Phone / Trouser Press
Orwell Lodge Hotel is a short walk from Edinburgh’s main attractions. Start off by visiting Edinburgh Castle and then carry on down the Royal Mile.Visit the Scott Monument, Museum of Childhood and the Palace of Holyroodhouse. There are a number of atmospheric ghost tour’s that give you a new perspective on the city. St Giles’ Cathedral and the Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre are also worth a visit.
Check in from: 2 pm
Check out by: 11 am
Due to a smoking ban on all public areas in Scotland, all areas of the Orwell Lodge Hotel are non-smoking.
- By Train:
- Orwell Lodge Hotel is about a mile away from Haymarket Station.
- By Car:
- From M8 Junction 1, go southbound onto the city bypass via the right-hand slip road. Take the second major exit off the slip road onto the A70. Drive straight along this road and then turn right onto Harrison Road. Finally turn left onto Polwarth Terrace, where you will find Orwell Lodge Hotel on the right.
- On Foot:
- You can travel to Orwell Lodge Hotel from the train station either by foot or taxi. If you decide to walk, turn right onto Dalry Road and walk along this road until you come to a fork. Take the left branch of the road, onto Ardmillan Terrace. Next take a second left onto Harrison Road and then turn left again onto Polwarth Terrace, where Orwell Lodge Hotel is located.